2-Day Excursion to MACHU PICCHU
For centuries, Machu Picchu remained hidden from the public eye under a thick coat of jungle vegetation that protected it ´till Hiram Bingham visited it, in 1911.
Its location is exceptional and extraordinary, as it is situated on a saddle-like crest, between Mounts Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu; two important Sacred Mountains or “Apus” which are its main Guardians and Protectors, together with many of the numerous snowcapped peaks and mountains that surround it.
The Incas´ high level of knowledge in architecture and engineering, applied in its construction, is visible in its buildings, temples, palaces, enclosures, handicraft workshops, living quarters and interconnected water fountains, as well as in its squares, esplanades, streets, stairways, access doorways and walls.
The last detailed analysis (John Verano, 2003) of the mummies originally found by Hiram Bingham and George Eaton, inside and around the liaqta, indicates that they respectively belonged to a 1.46:1 ratio of female and male individuals.
In any case Machu Picchu´s sacred features are present and manifested, as much in its location, as in its construction, functions and purposes; reason for which it is considered as a holistic concept, in that Incan liaqta.
2-Day Excursion to Machu Picchu
This proposal recognizes that only one day in Machu Picchu is not sufficient, as it doesn´t allow visitors to fully see it, and understand its complexity. This is why we consider that a second visit is necessary to connect better with its powerful Spirit and Energy, as well as to enjoy complementary activities, such as hikes to Mounts Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu, the Inti Punku or Incan Bridge, among others, that will fulfill your dream and meet your expectations.
The tour includes: Transfers, train, bus to Machu Picchu and back, entrance ticket to Machu Picchu, official tour guide service and lunch, the first day, and one night at a hotel in our selection.
- Early morning pick-up at your hotel, and private vehicle transfer (included) to the railway station, in Poroy or Ollantaytambo.
- At the indicated time, departure on the selected train (train ticket included), in Poroy or Ollantaytambo, to travel to the village of Machupicchu Pueblo (Ex Aguas Calientes).
- Upon arrival in Machupicchu Pueblo, your guide will take you to the bus station, to board a bus (bus ticket included), for a 25 to 30-minute uphill ride on the winding road that leads to the Incan Liaqta of Machu Picchu.
- Entrance registry (entrance ticket included) at the Liaqta of Machu Picchu, and 3-hour approximate visit time, in the company of an official tour guide.
- Free time for lunch (included or not, in our price).
- At the indicated time, bus back to Machupicchu Pueblo (bus ticket included).
- HOTEL in Machupicchu Pueblo.
Second visit to the Liaqta of Machu Picchu
- At the indicated time, bus up to the Liaqta of Machu Picchu (bus ticket can be included).
- Second entrance registry (entrance ticket can be included) at the Liaqta of Machu Picchu, and hike to the place of your election, with confirmed booking.
- Bus back to Machupicchu Pueblo (bus ticket can be included).
- At the indicated time, departure of the return train to Ollantaytambo or Poroy (train ticket included).
- Upon arrival, transfer from the train station to your hotel in Cusco (included).